Thursday 21 February 2013

"Oh take me, anywhere the sun shines..."

 Six months ago I was wrapped up in knit wear, sat by the fire and drinking tea. The SS13 trends seemed out of place when orange leaves were falling off tree's. Now, although I'm still coveting my favourite vintage jumper, the new season is nearly here, and I'm finally getting excited for spring. Although there are lots of clothes that are on my wish list right now, I thought I would share with you some interior accessories that have a SS13 twist.

Time for Tea

Retro Red



Stars In Your Eyes

A Plate Full of Spring

Safari-Esque Table Ware

Macaroon Inspired Flamenco Firlls

Orient Treasures

Say it Loud. Say it Bright

Upon Reflection

Geometric Graphics


1. This teapot not only holds a hearty amount of tea but also ticks the box for several trends. First it's floral detailing is perfect for spring, however the minimal colour and oriental feel are also perfect for SS13. Try Clippers green tea whilst doing yoga to complete the look. (I contemplated doing this, but then realised it was far too ambitious, so settled for breakfast tea and my favourite magazine.)

2. This retro coffee machine is a modern twist on a classic. If like me even Starbucks coffee is out of your budget, there are cheaper ways to try out this trend. Instead of a statement appliance, try using sundae glasses as trinket holders, and buy diner style condiment bottles and leave them on display.
3. These stars are perfect for the monochrome and minimalism trends this season. However, as simple as they are, they're a really interesting and different feature to a room.

4. It wouldn't be spring with out florals and yellow. This plate is so cute and also a step away from the usual floral patterns. Only a cupcake would look sweet enough to put on this plate, and even then I would be sad about covering up the design. Perhaps it should just be reserved as a display item.

5. Safari colours were all over the catwalk and these "latte" bowls are perfect for the trend, and the fluted texture of them makes them even more lust-worthy! They are only small though, so would be perfect for keeping earrings in (I'm always loosing mine) or perhaps snacks like jelly beans or nuts (I would probably stick to jewellery, i don't trust my self with a bowl of jelly beans!)

6. This shower curtain looks as if it was made for SS13. "Flamenco frills in pastel shades" will apparently be a big hit. It also nicely fits in with the ombre hype. However it is a bit pricey for a curtain that may not be as fashionable come next year, so soft furnishings with subtle frills and in pale greens, may be a better way to do this trend. Actually, as cool as it looks, who really needs a statement shower curtain? Having said that though when I get my own place, I will probably buy several shower curtains. (I'm a shopaholic!)

7. Again, another item that ticks the oriental trend, this cabinet would look perfect in a hallway, adorned with candles and gold trinket bowls. For such a statement piece, it's also quite a good price.

8. Neon is going to be big again this season, but it can be difficult to incorporate it into a room without it looking like an 80's nightclub. Although this sign isn't strictly neon in the sense that the fashion world is coveting it, it's still a really cute statement piece, that will fit in well with your interiors, and technically it is neon.

9. The catwalks have been adorned with metallic embellishments and this wall feature is catwalk worthy. It is quite very pricey (£3,800) though. A cheaper way of styling the "reflective" trend in interiors is to buy several old mirrors and large photo frames from charity shops. Prop them against a bare wall, and layer them on top of each other. The combination of mirrors and empty frames will create an interesting contrast. Use the mirrors and frames and drape silk scarves, fedoras, and long necklaces.

10. Monochrome and geometric graphics are set to be big this season and this bed spread and pillow set is a perfect match for this trend. This duvet cover makes me want to lie on my bed and day dream with my headphones on. (My song choice of the moment would have to be Elephant by Tame Impala.)

all pictures are from the websites that are linked to each item.



No comments:

Post a Comment